Friday, April 10, 2009

Is Joe "Gaffe" Biden Telling the Truth?

Is Joe "Gaffe" Biden telling the Truth when he said he scolded Former President Geroge W. Bush in the Oval Office?

Biden, who is well-known for his gaffes, said he told Bush no one was following him as a leader. The assertion drew the ire of Republican strategist and long-time Bush aide Karl Rove.

Here is a excerpt from the Fox News Channel's web site.

"I hate to say this, but he's a serial exaggerator," Rove told FOX News. "If I was being unkind I would say liar. But it is a habit he ought to drop."

Biden a liar?

Rove added: "You should not exaggerate and lie like this when you are the Vice President of the United States."

This blogger believes Biden can easily prove his assertion. All "Gaffe" has to do is supply a date. Every meeting a sitting president has is recorded.

Biden's yarn continues ...

"I remember President Bush saying to me one time in the Oval Office," Biden began, "'Well, Joe,' he said, 'I'm a leader.' And I said: 'Mr. President, turn and around look behind you. No one is following.'"

The exchange is purely "fictional," said Rove, who was Bush's top political adviser in the White House.

"It didn't happen," Rove, a FOX News contributor and former Bush adviser, told Megyn Kelly in an interview taped for "On The Record." "It's his imagination; it's a made-up, fictional world.

"He ought to get out of it and get back to reality," Rove added. "He's making this up out of whole cloth."

Biden Ridiculed by Bush Aides

Rove's skepticism was echoed by a variety of other Bush aides, including former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer, chief of staff Andy Card and legislative liaison Candida Wolff.

They also disputed a similar assertion made by Biden in 2004, when the former senator from Delaware told scores of Democratic colleagues at a lunch that he had challenged Bush's moral certitude about the Iraq war during a private meeting in the Oval Office. Two years later, Biden repeated his story about dressing down the president.

"When I speak to the president - and I have had plenty of opportunity to be with the president, at least prior to the last election, a lot of hours alone with him. I mean, meaning me and his staff," Biden said on HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" in April 2006. "And the president will say things to me, and I'll literally turn to the president, say: 'Mr. President, how can you say that, knowing you don't know the facts?' And he'll look at me and he'll say - my word - he'll look at me and he'll say: 'My instincts.' He said: 'I have good instincts.' I said: 'Mr. President, your instincts aren't good enough.'"

Rove Challenged Biden's Assertion

On Thursday, Rove ridiculed the claim that Biden spent "a lot of hours alone with" Bush

"Joe Biden was never alone with the president for more than few moments," Rove said. "There was staff in the room the whole time."

Come on, Joe. Give us a date!

Watch this video for more Biden gaffes.



Joe has had problems with plagarism, too.

Look at this link to his past plagarism scandals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be moderated.